Inversnaid Falls Photo Credit: Vlad Turculet
The official itinerary:
Thursday May 7 – Day 3 – Rowardennan to Inverarnan
Distance = 22.5km, Total Ascent = 410m
Today we’ll head north into the more remote section of Loch Lomond where the wilderness and the soaring mountains will really become noticeable. After the Inversnaid Falls and the town itself, the route becomes more challenging as the path twists and turns around large boulders and tree roots. On arrival at Inverarnan, we’ll head to the country pub to raise a glass and drink a few at the renowned Drovers Inn where “real good Scottish hospitality awaits”.
Today's official itinerary included the opportunity to view the Inversnaid Falls.
Here in the County the only waterfalls we have are seasonal. The spring run-off determines how long they will flow and with what intensity.
Cape Vesey Falls Photo Credit: Sarah J. McCabe
Jackson Falls Photo Credit: Sarah J. McCabe
Most years there is sufficient water to make them impressive enough that the local Rotary Club hosts an organized tour that attracts over a 1000 visitors. It is part of their fundraising for international clean water projects.
Like many events this spring it was cancelled due to Covid-19. So I won't be visiting the sites either.
That was my connection for the day. 😞
What to do, what to do?
Well when Covid gives you the blues, make blueberry scones! There's my connection. And a very yummy one to boot.
This day would have ended at a favourite gathering spot for travellers along the Way; The Drovers Inn.
If I had decided to go on this trip last year I would have celebrated my 60th birthday here.
Speaking of birthdays......
I received an early birthday present this week. It is a GoPro camera and today I had an opportunity to try it out.
Burghley and I took video during my training run this afternoon at the farm. I thought it would be a neat way for anyone who might not have been to our farm to get a sense of the terrain we have been using for physical activity during our physical distancing and now as my substitute for the West Highland Way.
I have attached a link to my YouTube channel so you can view it. You might recognize the music. I stole it from the video I linked in my first post showing parts of the real Way....Eddi Reader singing "Brose and Butter" from the album Songs of Robert Burns.
Burghley found cows today....not highland coos but he didn't seem to care.
My workout reward libation.
Yes, I know, it's Irish but as with yesterday's bourbon it is just another take on Scotch. I think this actually belongs to my brother Michael. He has a stash here.....or at least he did. 😃
Total distance: 9.86 km. 11,661 steps
Today's weather:
P.S. Last night I posted a picture of the beautiful Super Moon on Instagram. My cousin who lives "across the pond" in England commented on it saying they too had viewed it. Tonight when I was again admiring it it dawned on me that it was another connection to Scotland. According to the weather it is probably clear enough to be seen in the night sky in Inverarnan.
We are all connected. ❤
Here's tonight's view...












Great job Sue.
ReplyDeleteNice pics Sooz.
ReplyDeleteOh, and while Bourbon and the Irish are not Scotch, they are all certainly good Whiskey.